Once you’ve opened an account with a US online casino, the next step for you will be making a deposit to that account. And that’s going to require you to choose a funding method.
On the surface, this might not seem like a very complicated process and in most cases, it isn’t. However, there are slight differences between banking options and what they offer, as well as which funding methods are accepted by each online casino and for what functions.
The most used payment methods at online casinos in the USA typically include the following options:
- Credit and Debit Cards: Visa, Mastercard, and American Express are widely accepted by US online casinos for both deposits and withdrawals.
- E-wallets: PayPal, Neteller, Apple Pay and Skrill are some of the most popular e-wallet options, allowing for quick and secure transactions.
- Bank Transfers: Many US gambling sites allow players to directly transfer money to and from their bank accounts using methods such as ACH (Automated Clearing House) transfers or wire transfers.
- Prepaid Cards: Prepaid cards like Paysafecard or Visa/Mastercard prepaid cards can be used for making deposits at online casinos.
- Cryptocurrencies: Some online casinos in the US accept cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Litecoin for both deposits and withdrawals, offering faster processing times and increased privacy.
- Check by Mail: Although less common, some online casinos still offer the option to receive a check by mail for withdrawals.
Please note that the availability of these payment methods may vary depending on the specific online casino and your location.
Let’s take a look at some of the variance among funding options at some of the top USA casino websites and apps:
One of the legendary names in casino gambling, BetMGM offers a massive game library featuring hundreds of slots, dozens of table games, progressive jackpots, a live dealer studio and a raft of exclusive games. Newcomers can access the BetMGM welcome bonus of a 100% matching first deposit of up to $1000, along with $25 in casino bonus funds.
- Methods: PayNearMe, Visa and Mastercard debit or credit, Interac e-transfer, online banking, PayPal, Apple Pay.
- Payout Times: They vary. Paypal is quickest (1-2 days). Apple Pay and credit cards take up to 3-5 business days.
- Minimum and Maximum Withdrawals: The minimum is $10 and the maximum allowed is $25000.
- Pros And Cons: Multiple withdrawal options can be accessed. However, there can be up to a five-day review period prior to any withdrawal being processed.
Known around the globe as an industry leader in online gambling, for starters Bet365 will give up a signup bonus of a 100% first deposit match worth up to $1000. Then you’ll be ready to access the Bet365 array of traditional, bonus and jackpot slots, as well as their 30+ table games.
- Methods: Visa, Electron, Maestro and Mastercard debit cards, Visa and credit cards, PayPal, online banking, Trustly, PayNearMe, Skrill, PaySafeCard, cash.
- Payout Times: All withdrawal requests are processed instantly.
- Minimum and Maximum Withdrawals: Minimum is $10. Maximums range from $1000 to $38000 depending upon chosen method.
- Pros And Cons: All transactions processed instantly. Only Skrill, PaySafeCard and cash are accepted withdrawal methods.
The BetRivers game library might not be as widespread as some competitors, but it’s certainly well-organized. Games are categorized via both type and game provider. The BetRivers welcome offer is a return of all losses for your first 24 hours of play. The maximum amount ranges between $250-$500, depending upon in which state you’re playing.
- Methods: Trustly, VIP Preferred, cash, Play+ Card, PayPal, Visa and Mastercard debit and credit.
- Payout Times: Withdrawals are paid out in 1-3 business days.
- Minimum and Maximum Withdrawals: The minimum is $10. There are no maximum limits.
- Pros And Cons: All players are eligible to apply for Rush Pay, which speeds up the withdrawal process. About 80% of requests through this manner are approved. However, withdrawal methods are limited.
View betRivers casino promo details here.
Another famous name in the casino game, Golden Nugget delivers more than 1000 slots, including steppers, progressive jackpots, Megaways and Luckytap games. There’s also 50+ table games and a live dealer area. Newcomers receive a 100% matching first deposit bonus of as much as $1000, along with 200 free spins on a designated slot.
- Methods: Visa, Discover, Mastercard, American Express, Play + Card, VIP Preferred, PayPal, PayNearMe, online bank transfer, bank wire transfer, cash, check, safekeeping.
- Payout Times: Depending upon the chosen method it can be instant, or take up to 2-3 weeks.
- Minimum and Maximum Withdrawals: The minimum is $10. Maximums can range up fo $500000.
- Pros And Cons: Lengthy list of banking options. Some withdrawal methods require tedious processing times.
Game play options are colossal at the Borgata. There’s standard games, jackpots, progressive jackpots, table games, a poker room, live dealer studio and Borgata’s own array of exclusive games. To get you started, they’ll match your first deposit 100% up to $1000 and add in $20 in casino bonus bets.
- Methods: VIP Preferred, Visa, Mastercard, Play+ Card, PayPal, e-transfer, PayNearMe, Cash, Skrill, American Express, Discover, online banking, Apple Pay.
- Payout Times: Depending upon chosen method, anywhere from 24 hours to 7-21 days.
- Minimum and Maximum Withdrawals: Standard limits are $100 to $10000. However, you can negotiate increases with Borgata up to as much as $2 million.
- Pros And Cons: Significant number of withdrawal options available. Some can require a time of 1-3 weeks, though.
Please be aware that the review process for withdrawal requests by a casino operator may take up to 72 hours. Once your withdrawal has been approved, the time it takes to receive your winnings will vary based on your chosen payment method.